Thursday, April 1, 2010

Christian Pastor Attacks Gay Mayoral Candidate in Gainesville with Hate Speech in the Name of Jesus

     The Gospel According to Hate is alive and well in Gainesville, Florida, where openly gay mayoral candidate, Don Marsh, is under attack by the Christian right. 

     Pastor Wayne Sapp of the Dove World Outreach Center (How gay is that name?) put a video on YouTube in which he preached his hatred and homophobia.  I would have posted it here and commented, but it's been removed from YouTube because it violated You Tube's terms of service.

     The Independent Florida Alligator was able to post the video before it was taken down.   Watch the video by clicking here.  Look into the kind of ignorance that breeds such hatred in the name of the Christian god.

     "Here in Gainesville, they’re getting ready to have a run-off election between two candidates, and one of them is openly a homo, gay, fag — whatever you want to call him.  We got one running for mayor of Gainesville, trying to convert Gainesville into Homo ville. We can’t have it." 
     As his anger and hatred boil, Sapp nearly strangles the camera, but he claims to represent a loving god.

     Here is a link to a different video from the Dove World Outreach Center website explaining how they don't judge gays.   The video rips homosexuals for spreading lies and hating free speech, and then goes on to say that:

  • Homosexuals only live to age 40. 

  • 36% of homosexuals are child molesters. 

  • 80% of homosexuals have STDs.
     These ignorant lies are what breeds hatred and violence against LGBT persons.  The speaker claims that Dove's Christians don't hate homosexuals, but their pastor's words include gay-slurs that are hate speech and have been used historically to incite violence and discrimination against LGBT persons.  (The video also displays the hatred that Dove's pastor stirs up toward Muslims.)

     I need not pass judgment on the holy Christians of Dove World Outreach Center.  Their own words stand as judgment.

1 comment:

truthspew said...

The homosexuals only live to age 40 is false. I'm living proof having lived PAST 40.

If 36% of us are child molesters that leaves 64% that don't molest children.

I'm in the 20% that has had no STD's.

Used to have an accounting teacher who gave us sage advice. He said numbers don't lie but figures do. RIP Joe Palmer.